SITE

SEARCH

GOLF COURSE SEARCH:

NEWS

Untitled Page
Published: February, 2013

Tickets Fore Charity sets record

The Northern Trust Open program raises $274,010 for nonprofit organizations in L.A. area

The Northern Trust Open announced that its 2013 Tickets Fore Charity program raised a record $274,010 for nonprofit organizations in the greater Los Angeles area. This year’s event, won by UCLA graduate John Merrick, generated $224,010 in ticket sales, and Northern Trust donated an additional $50,000 in bonus funds for the top-earning charities.

This year’s Tickets Fore Charity total is the most generated in the program’s four-year history, compared to $91,360 in 2010, $217,535 in 2011 and $253,180 in 2012.

Participation is open to all 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. Through Tickets Fore Charity, nonprofits promote the sale of specially priced daily grounds, weekender, weekly grounds and/or weekly clubhouse tickets to the tournament, with 80 percent of the net proceeds remaining with the organization and 20 percent benefiting City of Hope, the official charity of the Northern Trust Open. City of Hope received $44,802 from the Tickets Fore Charity program this year.

As part of the program, Northern Trust gave participating charities an additional incentive by offering up to $50,000 in bonus pool matching donations for the organizations that raise the most funds at three designated time periods during the six months prior to the tournament. The SCPGA Foundation was the winner of the overall bonus pool and received a $15,000 award from Northern Trust for being the highest-grossing charity with $39,470 in ticket sales. Other bonus pools were earned by the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce and The Mulligan Project.

“Northern Trust is dedicated to serving the communities in which we live and work,” said Northern Trust chairman and CEO Frederick H. Waddell. “We thank all of the charitable organizations that have worked to generate a record amount for charities this year, and we congratulate the SCPGA Foundation for their efforts in winning the final bonus pool.”

Nonprofit organizations interested in participating in the Northern Trust Open’s Tickets Fore Charity program next year can contact Kristi Lee Fowlks at (310) 573.5810 or kristifowlks@pgatour.com.